Contractor for the Sewer Extension Project: Doli Construction Corporation
Timeline for the project: Doli is working to procure the raw material for this project and expects to begin construction in the early fall of 2022.
Email List for Updates: If you would like to receive updates on this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to placed on the email list for the Fulmer/Riverside Sewer Extension Project.
Update 07-19-2022: Doli Construction is expected to begin tree removal at the Pump Station Building Location (on Riverside Avenue) and above the stonewall along Riverside Avenue on July 20, 2022.
June 9th, 2022 Presentation for local Residents
Please find the slides from the Presentation that was held on June 9th, 2022.
Please find a link below for the recording of the June 9th, 2022 Presentation.
PENNVEST Homeowner Septic Program (Low Interest Loan Information)
Plumbers and Contractors That Can Connect Homes To Sewer (listed alphabetically):
The sewer main is an 8-inch diameter pipe in the street. A 6-inch diameter line extends from the sewer main to the edge of the road right-of-way. Your plumber installs a 4-inh diameter line from your home out toward the road and connects to this pipe along the road.
Items to Discuss with your Plumber and Contractor
Have your plumber contact the Township. We will provide them with the sewer plans that detail the new line in front of your property.
- Where to connect along frontage?
- The plans detail a location along the front of your property for the Township Contractor to place your connection. This can be adjusted. Talk with your plumber about the ideal location for connection, and if adjustment should be made.
- Preferred depth to connect.
- The sewer line may be 10 feet deep in front of your property, but you need less depth to service your home. We can work with your plumber on depth so he does not need to do excess digging, possible reducing your cost.
- Service to the basement level.
- Your plumber can work with you to evaluate if the house basement can be served by a gravity flow connection, or if other options need to be considered.
- Price should include pumping out existing septic tank(s).
- The existing septic tank or tanks must be pumped clean. You should confirm if your plumber will pump out the tank, or if you must directly contract with a septic tank service.
- Price should include proper abandonment of existing septic tank(s).
- Both state and local laws require proper abandonment of existing tanks. After it is pumped clean, the bottom must be broken and the tank filled with aggregate (stone).
- Price should include restoration of lawn and/or driveway area that are disturbed by the plumbers work.